R&S®M3AR Software Defined Radios
VHF/UHF Transceiver Family for Airborne Communications
Outstanding radio parameters
- Excellent RF characteristics
- Frequency bands from 30 MHz to 400 MHz
- 30 MHz to 87.975 MHz, FM
- 108 MHz to 117.975 MHz, AM (receive only)
- 118 MHz to 136.975 MHz, AM, with additional 8.33 kHz channel spacing
- 137 MHz to 155.975 MHz, AM and FM
- 156 MHz to 173.975 MHz, FM
- 225 MHz to 399.973 MHz, AM and FM
Frequency-agile pre-/postselector for best co-site behavior (
Despite its compact design, the
The receiver features excellent sensitivity, high crossmodulation immunity, selectivity and suppression of strong interference signals. The transmitter is optimized for low spurious emissions and the suppression of wideband noise.
The fast frequency hopping filter effectively reduces wideband noise during transmission. In receive mode, unwanted signals are suppressed by the filter, thus preventing negative effects such as crossmodulation, blocking or desensitization.
The excellent co-site behavior permits the parallel use of multiple radio lines in a minimum of space, which is frequently the case with reconnaissance and transport aircraft.